Help from home!
Remote Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers make a difference to our children and families and truly make our House a Home. Volunteer opportunities at the House may be suspended, but we would love for you to stay involved! Here are our current ways to help from home! Click here to view this list in a PDF.
- Make a donation online. Your gift allows us to continue providing lodging, support, and services to families during this stressful time. Give monthly or make a one-time donation.
- Support our Family Meal Program. Purchase a Boxed Meal for families or contribute to our ongoing Famiyl Meal Program to help offer families a warm dinner every night! Contact with questions.
- Make caregiver comfort bags. Parents and caregivers staying at RMHC are dedicated advocates for their children, but often don’t have a lot of time or energy to spend on themselves. Comfort bags are a great way to give parents and caregivers a quick pick me up. Contact for more information.
- Use Amazon to browse our wish list. This is our easiest one yet! From the comfort of your home, order anything from our Amazon Wish List and it will be delivered directly to our door.
- Collect cleaning supplies. We always need cleaning supplies due to the nature of the House. The kids are immunocompromised, so keeping things clean is vital. We are especially in need of disinfecting wipes, disinfectant spray, hand sanitizer, dishwashing soap, liquid dishwasher detergent, paper towels, non-latex gloves, handwashing soap, and disposable face masks.
- Create toiletry kits. Toiletry kits help families meet basic needs and are instrumental to helping them feel comfortable during stays at our Houses. We are in constant need of travel-sized items packaged in clear baggies. Hotel-style shampoos, conditioners, bar soaps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and deodorants are welcome.
- Host a food drive. Here at the House, there is a food pantry that families are welcome to use to grab a snack or make a meal. Food drives are a wonderful way to help keep our pantry stocked so families don’t have to worry about finding a grocery store after a long day of appointments. For more information about our current needs, click here or contact .
- Create awareness by hosting a virtual info session about the House! One of our staff can be on a Zoom call to talk about what life is like during COVID and why we need help right now. Contact for more information.
- Fundraise virtually with these ideas to get you started!
- Do a virtual walk or run to benefit the House. Pledge to walk or run a certain number of miles and ask people for pledges.
- Tell 5 people about the House and ask them to give.
- Watch a movie with a group of friends virtually and charge admission to be donated to the House. Use an app like Teleparty to do this!
Please practice social distancing guidelines if you choose to go to retail businesses to purchase any items needed for these products! All donations can be shipped to the RMHC Seattle office at 5130 40th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98015. For more information on dropping off donations at the House, check out our updated guidelines here.
No matter whether you are at the House or are supporting us virtually, your time and effort have a positive impact on the families at the House!
Thank you for continuing to support us!