How to Volunteer at the Anchorage House
We’d love to talk with you about how you can help make our House even cozier for the families at our Anchorage Ronald McDonald House! This House has 34 rooms and primarily serves pregnant women, new mothers, and pediatric patients and their families. We’re looking for volunteers who would like to put together things like dinners, crafts, activities, movie nights, and special outings in Anchorage so these families can relax and have fun. Here are just a few activities we’d love volunteers to put on:
- Cook a Meal: recruit friends and co-workers to come to the House to make dinner for our 34 families
- Bingo: round up some fun Bingo prizes and schedule a Bingo night
- Host a Movie Night: bring some microwave popcorn, healthy snacks, and a movie for families
- Craft Activities: Bring in your craft supplies and get creative with our families
- Baby Drive: host a diaper or baby blanket drive for us
- Pampering for New Moms: Treat our pregnant and new mothers to a haircut, hand massage, or other relaxing service.
Please call us today at 907-729-4666 to find out more about how you can help.
Please note that at the Anchorage House, we cannot accept volunteers under age 18 and do not allow anyone to volunteer if they are ill.