at the Anchorage House
Our volunteers are truly the heart of our House, and we have many wonderful opportunities for individuals and groups to support our 34 families here at RMHC at the Alaska Native Medical Center. Volunteers must be 18 or older to participate and complete the ANTHC volunteer screening and training requirements.
Here are a few ways you can help support our families and make a difference!
- Dinner Group: Gather friends or coworkers to prepare and serve a meal for our 34 families. Groups must provide all the ingredients. Food preparation must happen at the House.
- Bingo: Gather fun Bingo prizes and schedule a Bingo night.
- Host a Movie Night: provide popcorn or healthy snacks and a movie for families (rated G or PG).
- Craft Activities: Bring in craft supplies and get creative with our families! Some fun ideas to get you started include: making baby blankets, beading, painting, and teaching crochet.
- Spa night: Paint nails and teach families how to make sugar scrubs.
- We also encourage you to suggest something – we love incorporating traditional crafts and activities.
How your community can help the House: Another great way to get involved is to recruit family, friends, coworkers, and community members to help support our families by collecting basic necessities and donating them to the House. We are always in need of baby supplies, child/teen items, prenatal mother needs, and snacks for our pantry. The House Wish List can be found here.
Thank you for your continued care, for sharing our story,
and for being such an important part of our community.