We are pleased to welcome families to the Seattle Ronald McDonald House while their child is being treated at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Please note: rooms are provided on a space-available basis. If you are seeking housing at the Ronald McDonald House in Anchorage, please contact the Alaska Native Medical Center.
- Your child must be admitted to or receiving treatment at Seattle Children’s Hospital or one of Children’s satellite clinics
- Your child must be 21 years of age or younger.
- The patient must have a home address that is at least 45 miles away from the Seattle Ronald McDonald House.
- Your stay must be 4 nights or more and families are prioritized by length of stay.
- Parents, legal guardians and other immediate family members are welcome to stay.
- Only one room is provided to each family, and the maximum occupancy per room is 6 people.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult relative or legal guardian.
- For your health, all families are screened to prevent infectious diseases being brought into the House.
- The safety of our families is very important. A photo ID and a criminal background check are required of all overnight adult guests.
The Cost to Stay
Families are encouraged to contribute $30 per night if they can, but no family is ever turned away for financial reasons.
Payments from medical insurance and Medicaid are accepted. If your family qualifies for Medicaid assistance, our Housing staff will discuss this with you.