We will have a booth at Medina Days this year and we’d love for your help in collecting donations of food for our pantry! In addition to providing a home-away-from-home for families with a child receiving treatment at Seattle Children’s, we also provide a pantry that is available to families whenever they need it. However, our supplies run low during the summer – which is actually when we need help the most since many families bring a patient’s siblings to the House when school gets out.
Does your scout troop or neighborhood want to band together to help us out? We have flyers you can pass out to your friends and neighbors (or outside of a local grocery store, with their permission) as well as a poster you can print out from home. We will be collecting items at the Medina Days Carnival at Medina Park, August 13th from 10:15am – 1pm. We can also arrange for another drop-off day at the House if you will not be attending Medina Days – just email Michelle at to coordinate.
Here’s a list of what items we would love for you to help us with: Please note that canned goods should be 16 oz. or smaller; we cannot accept food from personal pantries. Items in bold are particularly needed at this time.
- Baby food (all varieties)
- Boxed rice and pasta meal helpers (i.e., Pasta Roni, Hamburger Helper, Rice Roni)
- Canned soups: beef stew, turkey chili, chicken chili, beef broth, chowder, minestrone, lentil, tomato basil
- Canned ravioli (like Chef Boyardee)
- Canned beans: refried, baked, garbanzo, pinto, chili
- Canned meats: salmon, SPAM, chicken and beef
- Canned fruit: peaches, pears, fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, individual applesauce and fruit cups
- Canned corn
- Macaroni and cheese cups
- Alfredo sauce
- Tomato sauce (14.5 oz. cans)
- Stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz. cans)
- Snack bars, granola bars
- Fruit snacks, fruit leathers
- Individually bagged crackers (like Goldfish) & cookies
- Pudding cups
- Trail mix, snacking nuts
- Shelf stable white and chocolate milk
- Microwave popcorn
- Paper towels