Host Your Own Event
Each year, many individuals, businesses and organizations support us by hosting fundraising events. Your help is greatly appreciated – whether you donate proceeds from your bake sale, a golf tournament, a neighborhood garage sale or any other event to benefit RMHC of Western Washington & Alaska.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some simple ideas for fundraisers.
- Holiday Wishes Tree: We’ve made a special sheet of holiday tags with some of our needs that you can easily print out! Just cut out the tags and hang them on a tree in your office, community center, church, etc.
- Food/Necessities Drive: We are always looking for items from our wishlist, like canned goods and travel-size toiletries.
- Bake Sale: Sell goodies at your school, work, or church and donate the proceeds to RMHC.
- Change Can: Challenge your friends, classmates, or coworkers to fill up a large container with coins. Roll coins or bring them to a local Coinstar to convert them into a donation for RMHC. Please note that we cannot accept loose or unrolled coins.
- Garage Sale: Donate the proceeds from your neighborhood’s garage sale to RMHC.
- Raffle: Sell raffle tickets for a fabulous item to your community!
- Online fundraising site: Create a “Go Fund Me” type page to make it easy to collect donations online for RMHC. Be sure to contact our Special Events Associate, , for the best way to go about raising money online.
- Lemonade Stand: Summertime lemonade stands are a great idea for kids to learn about giving to charity.
- Have a Block Party: Add a charitable component to your block party with a food and toiletries collection drive for the House! Seattle Police Department’s Night Out Against Crime typically happens in August and it’s a perfect opportunity to meet your neighbors, have fun, and do something to give back! We’ve even created a helpful how-to and flyer you can hang up in your neighborhood to promote a food drive.
Check out our document, External Benefit Event Guidelines for more details.
For information on hosting an event, contact at (206) 838-0613.