Hold Your Own DIY Fundraiser
Each year, many individuals, businesses and organizations support us by hosting fundraising events. Your help is greatly appreciated – whether you donate proceeds from your bake sale, a golf tournament, a neighborhood garage sale or any other event to benefit RMHC of Western Washington & Alaska.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some simple ideas for fundraisers.
- Food/Necessities Drive: We are always looking for items from our wishlist, like canned goods and travel-size toiletries.
- Bake Sale: Sell goodies at your school, work, or church and donate the proceeds to RMHC.
- Penny Drive: Challenge your friends, classmates, or coworkers to fill up a large container with coins. Roll coins or bring them to a local Coinstar to convert them into a donation for RMHC. Please note that we cannot accept loose or unrolled coins.
- Garage Sale: Donate the proceeds from your neighborhood’s garage sale to RMHC.
- Raffle: Sell raffle tickets for a fabulous item to your community!
- Online fundraising site: Create a “Go Fund Me” type page to make it easy to collect donations online for RMHC. Be sure to contact our Special Events Associate, Kaylee, for the best way to go about raising money online.
- Lemonade Stand: Summertime lemonade stands are a great idea for kids to learn about giving to charity.
- Block Party: Add a charitable component to your block party with a food and toiletries collection drive for the House! Seattle Police Department’s Night Out Against Crime typically happens in August and it’s a perfect opportunity to meet your neighbors, have fun, and do something to give back! We’ve even created a helpful how-to and flyer you can hang up in your neighborhood to promote a food drive.
Check out our External Benefit Event Guidelines for more details.
For information on hosting an event, contact Development at (206) 838-0613.