Our COVID-19 Policy
At the Ronald McDonald House, our highest priority is ensuring the safety of our families, staff and volunteers as the COVID-19 situation continues.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have put some additional safety measures in place during this time for the protection of everyone in our House. Safety is our first priority for our families. Because we house patients with compromised immune systems, we strongly encourage all of our guests to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccine site locations: https://www.vaccines.gov/
In addition to our usual House Rules, your family will be required to comply with the following:
- Parents, caregivers, legal guardians and other immediate
family members are welcome to stay. Minor siblings are
welcome to stay as long as one of the follow criteria can be
o There are 2 adult caregivers staying
o There is a hospital exception in place that allows the
family to bring the sibling to the hospital for outpatient
appointmens and inpatient stays
o There is a safety plan in place to ensure minor siblings
are supervised at all times while on RMHC property.
- Family’s can visitors at RMHC but we ask that they visit in your
room or one of the reservable den spaces.
- Family’s can reserve areas such as the dens, craft room and
outdoor play area for their family to use.
- Wear a mask when in shared areas of the House. The mask should cover your nose and mouth. Children who are developmentally able to wear a mask are also expected to wear one. Please note that children under 2 should NOT wear a mask due to risks of suffocation.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze by doing so directly into your elbow or into a tissue that covers your nose and mouth. Throw away the tissue. Immediately wash your hands after.
- Perform a daily wellness check of all family members staying in your room by taking each person’s temperature and checking for symptoms. Isolate in your room and immediately inform House staff if someone in your family develops a fever, symptoms or has been exposed.
- Our staff will check in with your family once per week, but please reach out if you have any questions or there is anything we can do to support your family.