Our COVID-19 Policy
At the Ronald McDonald House, our highest priority is ensuring the safety of our families, staff and volunteers as the COVID-19 situation continues.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have put some additional safety measures in place during this time for the protection of everyone in our House. Safety is our first priority for our families. Because we house patients with compromised immune systems, we strongly encourage all of our guests to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccine site locations: https://www.vaccines.gov/
In addition to our usual House Rules, your family will be required to comply with the following:
- Only the patient and 2-3 adult caregivers are allowed to stay. Visitors and extra family members are not allowed.
- Restrict your time in shared areas to an essential task, limiting your time to around 10 minutes at a time. Locked shared areas will remain closed. Indoor and outdoor play areas cannot be used at this time.
- Wear a mask or alternative face covering when in shared areas of the House. The mask should cover your nose and mouth. Children who are developmentally able to wear a mask are also expected to wear one. Please note that children under 2 should NOT wear a mask due to risks of suffocation.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more from individuals outside your family.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze by doing so directly into your elbow or into a tissue that covers your nose and mouth. Throw away the tissue. Immediately wash your hands after.
- Perform a daily wellness check of all family members staying in your room by taking each person’s temperature and checking for symptoms. Isolate in your room and immediately inform House staff if someone in your family develops a fever, symptoms or has been exposed.
- Our staff will check in with your family once per week, but please reach out if you have any questions or there is anything we can do to support your family.