Our organization is expanding our partnership with the Alaskan Native Medical Center (ANMC) to open the first Ronald McDonald House in Alaska! Use the buttons below to navigate this page.
The Ronald McDonald House at ANMC will be located in Anchorage, as a floor within the new six-story ANMC housing building. It will provide a home-away-from-home for expectant mothers with high-risk pregnancies as well as families of pediatric patients at ANMC. Amenities will include:
- 34 rooms, each with their own bathroom, full-size bed, and sleeper chair
- Common areas, including a dedicated kitchen and library
- Access to a workout area and cafeteria
- Volunteer-run activities including programs such as beading, craft circles, quilting, healthy cooking classes, and exercise classes.
You can also download our one-sheet of Fast Facts about the new House here.
RMHC & ANMC Partnership
RMHC & ANMC have been partners since 2008, when the Ronald McDonald House began a van program to help serve families from out of town navigate Anchorage during their child’s medical treatment. In 2014, more than 900 Alaskans used the service. We’re excited to be working together to make the first Ronald McDonald House in Alaska a comfortable place with a strong community of hope and healing.
You can support our new House by purchasing items we need to make it the coziest space possible for families. You can purchase items from our wishlists online – we have one on Target.com and Amazon. If you’d like to purchase items and mail them to the new House, you can have items shipped directly to our new House at:
Ronald McDonald House @ ANMC
4831 Old Seward Highway, Suite 109
Anchorage, AK 99503
The House is happy to accept your in-kind donations of much-needed items and products but cannot accept used items.
- Dinner forks, spoons, knives, teaspoons
- Sets of pots and pans (such as these)
- 18-piece set of white dishes (such as these)
- 16 oz. glasses
- Meat thermometers
- Knife blocks
- Silicon Trivets
- Rubbermaid or Pyrex storage containers
- Cutting boards
- Baking sheets
- Bread pans
- Muffin tins
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixers
- 3 Qt. Crock Pots
- Kitchen scissors
- Ice cream scoops
- Rubber spatulas
- Pizza cutters
- Potato mashers
- Scrub brushes for cleaning
- Ziploc gallon bags
- Ziploc quart bags
- We also recommend this set of assorted kitchen gadgets.
All toys and children’s products must be new, unopened, and non-toxic. We cannot accept used items.
- Pajamas for babies
- Sleep sacks for babies
- Baby blankets/receiving blankets
- Diaper pails
- Diapers for newborns and size 1
- Baby wipes
- High chairs
- Breast milk bags
- Books for young children
- Baby soap
- Baby-sized bathtubs
Donate to the House at ANMC:
You can make a donation using the form below. Your contributions will help us furnish the House with everything new mothers need to be comfortable and cozy, from household and kitchen supplies to baby blankets.
You can also contribute towards the new housing project via ANMC on their website.